Mr. Kao is a Director with HealthCare Appraisers in the Firm’s Philadelphia office where he leads the Fixed Asset Valuation Service line. With over 20 years of fixed asset valuation experience, Mr. Kao focuses on the valuation of equipment associated with various types of healthcare facilities including hospitals, family care, OB/GYN, endocrinology, urology, oncology, orthopedic, physical therapy, and ophthalmology physician practices, general and specialty surgical centers, laboratory, pharmaceuticals, and multi-modality imaging centers.
Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Mr. Kao served as a Senior Manager in Ernst & Young (E&Y) LLP’s Capital Equipment valuation group as part of E&Y’s Transaction Advisory Services – Valuation & Business Modeling service line located in New York, New York. Mr. Kao also served as a Senior Manager at Appraisal Economics Inc. in Paramus, New Jersey, where he led the fixed asset valuation service line.
Mr. Kao holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Rutgers University’s College of Engineering and has earned the Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) from the American Society of Appraisers. Mr. Kao also holds the MRICS designation from the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
Mr. Kao is involved in fixed asset valuation, including furnishings, machinery and equipment of all types of healthcare facilities including:
- Physician practices – solo practices to large multispecialty group practices
- Ambulatory surgical centers
- Imaging centers
- Oncology treatment centers
- Laboratory facilities
- American Society of Appraisers
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ | Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Prior Professional Affiliations
- Ernst & Young, LLP | Senior Manager
- Appraisal Economics Inc. | Senior Manager
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), American Society of Appraisers
Designation: Machinery & Technical Specialties
- Professional Member of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) Designation