Mr. Polsky has more than 25 years of experience in healthcare management and consulting for private and public healthcare organizations. During his tenure at HealthCare Appraisers, Mr. Polsky has focused on valuing a wide array of compensation arrangements which may have Stark and/or Anti-Kickback implications. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, he served as the Administrator for plastic/reconstructive surgery and OB/GYN & Infertility physician group practices as well as a Senior Consultant for a major national healthcare consulting company. During this time, Mr. Polsky was able to leverage his broad healthcare background in handling a wide variety of engagements, including revenue cycle and performance improvement initiatives, as well as all aspects of practice management including operations, human resources, billing, marketing and customer service.
Mr. Polsky holds a Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration and has handled engagements for hospitals and health systems, large physician group practices, ambulatory surgery centers, and a regional blood bank center.
Publications and Presentations
- Webinar – Call Coverage: Version 2.0, co-presented with Scott Safriet, MBA, CVA, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc. and Robert Homchick, Esq, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP, hosted by Health Care Compliance Assn (HCCA), February 8, 2017.
- Article – FMVantage Point: Ancillary Factors to Consider in Call Coverage Arrangements, author, January, 2017.
- Article – FMVantage Point: On-Call Compensation for Hospital-Employed Physicians, author, July, 2013.
- Article – FMVantage Point: OIG Reaffirms Call Coverage Guidance, author, September, 2012.
- Trends: Innovation, Collaboration – Neurosurgeon Crisis Averted, contributing expert, Florida Trend, Volume 54, Number 6, September, 2011.
- Article – FMVantage Point: OIG Provides New Guidance For On-Call Arrangements, author, June, 2010.
With the exception of business valuation, Mr. Polsky is involved in many aspects of healthcare valuation analysis, including, but not limited to:
- Compensated call coverage arrangements
- Medical director/thought leader compensation
- Income guarantees/subsidies
- Physician employment arrangements
- Professional services agreements
- Equipment use (and “per use”) arrangements
- Independent contractor arrangements
- Baruch College/Mount Sinai School of Medicine, MBA in Healthcare Administration
- State University of New York at Albany, BA in Mathematics
Prior Professional Affiliations
- Administrator, Reproductive Medicine & Genetics, Inc., West Palm Beach, FL
(an OB/GYN and infertility physician group practice)
- Senior Consultant, Ernst & Young LLP Healthcare Consulting, New York, NY
- Administrator, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Administrative Intern, Admitting Department, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
- Series 7 Financial designation (inactive)
- Series 55 Financial designation (inactive)
- Series 63 Financial designation (inactive)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts