Mr. Levin is a Manager in the Firm’s Colorado office where he assists in a wide variety of healthcare valuation assignments. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Mr. Levin was an Equity Research Associate at Northcoast Research where he performed research on the healthcare industry and investment analysis on publicly-traded healthcare companies. Mr. Levin’s past experience also includes an internship at the Cleveland Clinic working on the Revenue Cycle Management team in the finance department.
Mr. Levin graduated summa cum laude from Florida Atlantic University in 2013 where he earned a Bachelor’s degree, majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies with a double minor in Economics and Political Science. Mr. Levin is a CFA charterholder, having passed all three CFA exams on the first attempt. He has been a CFA charterholder since September 2017.
Presentations and Publications
- FMVantage Quarterly Insights Newsletter, Quarter 2, 2018. Edited by Daniel I. Levin with contributions from Nicholas J. Janiga, October 2018.
- Freeze the Fat, Heath-Up the Multiple: A Discussion of Valuations in the Healthcare Space, The Value Examiner, July/August 2018.
- FMVantage Quarterly Insights Newsletter, Quarter 1, 2018. Edited by Daniel I. Levin with contributions from Nicholas J. Janiga, Mathew J. Milliron and Luis A. Argueso, May 2018.
- FMVantage Point: 42 Million Reasons to Consider FMV in Marketing Arrangements, co-authored with Nicholas J. Janiga, November 10, 2017.
Mr. Levin’s practice is focused on business valuation and the analysis of healthcare provider compensation arrangements, including:
- Business valuation of physician practices, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, hospitals/hospital departments, and other healthcare entities
- Litigation support
- Physician employment and independent contractor arrangements
- Medical director/thought leader compensation
- Compensated call coverage
- Marketing arrangements between hospitals and physician groups
- Intangible asset valuation
- Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL | Bachelor of Arts – Major: Interdisciplinary Studies
- Minors: Economics and Political Science (summa cum laude)
Prior Professional Affiliations
- Equity Research Associate | Northcoast Research
- Intern | Cleveland Clinic
- Completed Level III of the Chartered Financial Analyst Program (June 2017)
- Completed Level II of the Chartered Financial Analyst Program (June 2016)
- Completed Level I of the Chartered Financial Analyst Program (June 2015)