Mr. Sands is a Director in the Firm’s California office where he specializes in the valuation of complex compensation arrangements which may have Stark and/or Anti-Kickback implications and business valuation. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Mr. Sands was a private investment manager with Wachovia Securities in Las Olas, Florida.
Mr. Sands currently possesses over ten years of full time healthcare consulting and valuation experience. During this time, Mr. Sands has gained exposure to every type of analysis that the Firm provides to clients, and has been instrumental in aiding the development of the Firm’s internal standards, FMV guidance and templates. He is a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) and holds a BS in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance from Boston University’s School of Management. He is a Level II Candidate in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program.
- Equipment, staff and “block” lease arrangements
- Physician employment arrangements
- Collections guarantee arrangements
- Medical director/Part A/thought leader compensation
- Compensated call coverage
- Service and management agreements
- Business Valuation
- National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts (NACVA)
- Boston University School of Management, BSBA with a concentration in Finance
Prior Professional Affiliations
- Series 7 Financial designation (inactive)
- Series 66 Financial designation (inactive)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts