Mr. Outcalt is a Director in the Firm’s Florida office and has an extensive background in financial analysis. His experience includes the financial advisory of large private, publicly traded, international and domestic entities. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Mr. Outcalt held a position as an associate with Deloitte and Touche.
Mr. Outcalt holds a Master of Taxation from Florida Atlantic University and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the Fisher School of Accounting at the University of Florida. He is a certified public accountant (CPA) licensed in the State of Florida*.
*HealthCare Appraisers is not a CPA firm.
Publications and Presentations
- HealthCare Appraisers’ 2019 ASC Valuation Survey, co-author and editor, (to be released) May, 2019.
- Presentation – 10 Common Mistakes in Valuing ASCs, Becker’s ASC 24th Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, October 18-20, 2018.
- Pathways to Success: Proposed Changes to the Medicare Shared Savings Program May Impact ACO Enterprise Valuations, with Jarrod Barraza, FMVantagePoint (Web Edition), September 25, 2018.
- 2017 and expected future ASC trends, featured expert, Becker’s ASC Review (Web Edition), June 1, 2018.
- HealthCare Appraisers’ 2018 ASC Valuation Survey, co-author and editor, May, 2018.
- Presentation – 10 Common Mistakes in Valuing ASCs, Becker’s 15th Annual Spine, Orthopedic and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference + The Future of Spine, June 22-24, 2017, Chicago, IL.
- What is the Value of Your Practice?, with John Hakanson, Florida Doctor, Spring 2017 Issue.
- ASC Valuation Trends and Developments, with John Hakanson, EndoEconomics, Spring/Summer 2017 Issue, April 23, 2017.
- Presentation – Applications of Valuation in Healthcare, with John Hakanson, Guest Lecture, University of Miami School of Business Administration, Miami, FL, April 6, 2017.
- ASC ownership trends in 2017: More complex joint venture deals, featured expert, Becker’s Hospital Review (Web Edition), March 21, 2017.
- Earning Higher Multiples Past Financials, featured expert, The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, Nov. 13, 2015.
- What to Look for Beyond EBITDA, featured expert, The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, September 16, 2015.
Mr. Outcalt’s practice is focused on business valuation and litigation support, including:
- Valuation for mergers and acquisitions
- Valuation for shareholder buy-in/buy-out
- Stock options and warrants
- Valuation for financial reporting
- Goodwill and intangible asset valuation
- Marital dissolution
- Shareholder disputes
- Other tax, corporate and litigated matters
- Florida Atlantic University | Boca Raton, FL | Master of Taxation
- Fisher School of Accounting, University of Florida | Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Prior Professional Affiliations
- Deloitte & Touche, LLP | Boca Raton, FL | Associate
- Certified Public Accountant – licensed in Florida*