Mr. Barraza is a Manager in the Firm’s Nashville office where his practice focuses on business valuation in the healthcare industry. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Mr. Barraza served as an intern at the Denver-based business valuation firm, Harper Hofer & Associates.
Mr. Barraza holds a Master of Science in Finance from the University of Colorado at Denver and a Bachelor of Science in Music/Music Business from the University of Colorado at Denver. Mr. Barraza passed all three levels of the CFA Program and has been a charterholder since October 2018.
Publications and Presentations
- Pathways to Success: Proposed Changes to the Medicare Shared Savings Program May Impact ACO Enterprise Valuations, with Hunter Outcalt, FMVantagePoint (Web Edition), September 25, 2018.
- Presentation – Case Study: @RISK in Business Valuation of Physician-Owned Entities, co-presenter, Palisade Risk Conference 2017, November 15-17, 2017.
- Leaving Working Capital After Leaving Your Business, featured expert, The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, March 6, 2017.
- ROI in a Healthcare M&A Transaction, featured expert, The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, Feb. 22, 2017.
Mr. Barraza’s practice is focused on business valuation and litigation support, including:
- Business valuation of physician practices/clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers and hospitals/hospital departments
- Intangible assets, including certificates of need, non-compete agreements, patents and trade names/trademarks
- Valuation for mergers and acquisitions
- Valuation for shareholder buy-in/buy-out
- Stock options and warrants
- Valuation for financial reporting
- Goodwill and intangible asset valuation
- Marital dissolution
- Shareholder disputes
- Other tax, corporate and litigated matters
- University of Colorado at Denver Business School | Master of Science in Finance
- University of Colorado at Denver | Bachelor of Science in Music/Music Business
Appraisal and Professional Education
- Completed Level III of the Chartered Financial Analyst Program (June 2017)
- Completed Level II of the Chartered Financial Analyst Program (June 2016)
- Completed Level I of the Chartered Financial Analyst Program (June 2015)
Prior Professional Affiliataions
- Harper Hofer & Associates | Denver, CO | Intern