Mr. Hills is a Partner with HealthCare Appraisers. His practice focuses on fair market valuation analysis of healthcare provider compensation relationships, with a concentration in physician employment and professional services arrangements. Other practice areas include medical director/thought leader compensation, hospital-based specialty collections guarantees and subsidies, compensated call coverage services, service and management agreements, litigation support, as well as retrospective analyses in response to investigative demands or internal compliance reviews related to potential self-disclosure.
Mr. Hills has over 31 years of corporate finance, operations, business development and public accounting experience, with more than 26 years of experience in the healthcare sector. Prior to joining HealthCare Appraisers, Mr. Hills served in various capacities, including Director of Finance & Administration for a privately held, real estate developer; Vice President of Finance & Administration for a privately held, home-health provider; Vice President of Finance and Vice President of Development for a privately held, national neuro-musculoskeletal physician management company; Director of Mergers and Acquisition for a publicly traded, physician practice management company; and Manager for a national public accounting firm. Mr. Hills’ broad business experience includes structuring, negotiating and financing acquisition transactions, acquisition due diligence, business development, treasury management, risk management, initial public offerings, bank financing, financial reporting, contract negotiation, accounting, finance, human resources and operations.
Mr. Hills received a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the Fisher School of Accounting at the University of Florida. He is a certified public accountant (CPA)* and is a member of the Illinois CPA Society and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). He holds the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) certification from the AICPA.
Mr. Hills is involved in all aspects of healthcare valuation analysis, including:
- Business valuation
- Medical director/thought leader compensation
- Compensated call coverage
- Physician employment arrangements
- Service, management and co-management agreements
- Equipment use (and “per use”) arrangements
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS)
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys (IAHA)
- Certified Public Accountant – licensed in Illinois
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Prior Professional Affiliations
- Kennedy Homes, Deerfield Beach, FL, Director of Finance and Administration
- OMNI Home Care, Inc., Coral Springs, FL, Vice President of Finance and Administration
- OMNA Medical Partners , Inc., Boca Raton, FL, Vice President of Finance, Vice President of Development (formerly a neuro-musculoskeletal physician management company)
- InPhyNet Medical Management, Inc., Plantation, FL, Director of Mergers and Acquisition (formerly a publicly traded physician practice management company)
- Ernst & Young, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Manager
- University of Florida, Fisher School of Accounting, Gainesville, FL, Bachelor of Accountancy