Mr. Cassell is a Senior Associate in the Firm’s Colorado office where he assists in a wide variety of projects, including the analysis of healthcare provider compensation valuation and business valuation. Mr. Cassell received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Corporate Finance as well as a Bachelor of Arts degree in German from Colorado State University.
Presentations and Publications
- Presentation – Telemedicine and Its Impact on Appraisals, co-presented with Matthew Muller, Director, HealthCare Appraisers, American Society of Appraisers – Denver Chapter, March 13, 2019.
- Webinar – ABC’s of Telemedicine FMVs, co-presented with Luis Argueso, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, American Telemedicine Association, March 7, 2019.
- Article – FMVantage Point: What Not to Do When Structuring Telemedicine Arrangements: Part 2, December 24, 2018
- Article – FMVantage Point: What Not to Do When Structuring Telemedicine Arrangements: Part 1, December 19, 2018
- Article – FMVantage Point: Impact of Proposed CMS Changes to Telemedicine Reimbursement, July 25, 2018
- Presentation – FMV in Physician Employment and Professional Services Arrangements, co-presented with Nicholas Janiga, Partner, HealthCare Appraisers, Inc., Association of Otolaryngology Administrators – Academic Practice Forum Mid-Year Meeting, Miami, FL, February 22, 2018.
Mr. Cassell is involved in all aspects of healthcare valuation analysis, including:
- Physician employment and independent contractor agreements
- Professional services and management agreements
- Hospital-based specialty collections guarantees and subsidies
- Medical director/thought leader compensation
- Compensated call coverage
- Business valuation of physician practices, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and hospitals/hospital departments
- Colorado State University | Fort Collins, CO | Bachelor of Business Administration, Corporate Finance | Bachelor of Arts, German
Prior Professional Affiliations
- GCI Management LLC, Denver, CO | Intern Project Manager
- Colorado State Men’s Rugby Club, Fort Collins, CO | Treasurer
- Ray & Heatherman PPLC, Fort Collins, CO | Legal Assistant